The complete guide for beginner and intermediate distillers. Make your own brew at home!
”If you’re going to invest the $100 or so to get a basic equipment and recipe kit, then you’ll want to take care in ensuring that your first batch is brewed correctly.” –Rick Morris, HowBrewBeer
The Joy of Home Distilling is covers nearly every facet of distilling:
• Step-by-step instructions for the different processes, from bucket to bottle
• The difference between spirit types and how to produce each
• What yeast is, what it does, and how to ensure that you get a strong, complete fermentation
• What distillation is and common misconceptions about the process
• Legalities surrounding distilling alcohol at home
• Carbon filtering—when it’s necessary, when to filter, and why you filter
• Flavoring and aging your spirits
• Keeping safety first when working with flammable materials, such as ethanol
• Yeast styles and nutritional requirements
• Different methods of distillation and equipment
• Post-distillation process
• And of course, fun drink recipes! (Try the Mudslide or the Cherry Bomb!)
Author Rick Morris, who has been selling distillation equipment for over 25 years, even includes his own recipes for different types of spirits and drink recipes. By learning not just how to distill, but also what is happening at each step and why it is needed, readers will be armed with the information they need to experiment with their own spirits and concoct their own recipes. Easy to understand even for a first-time distiller, The Joy of Home Distilling is sure to become your number one distilling resource.